Reynolds, Ernest Edwin, 1894-, Thomas More and Erasmus , 1965
- Thomas More and Erasmus / by E.E. Reynolds.
- London : Burns & Oates, 1965.
- Physical Description:
- x, 260 p. : ports. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 60Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- "Engraved portraits of More and Erasmus by Shirley Smith used on the dust jacket [Bain nos. 70 and 82]."--Moss.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 60
Bain, I. Wood engravings of Richard Shirley Smith, 70, 82
Includes index and bibliographical footnotes.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original red cloth, with dust jacket.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
- Erasmus Roterodamus -- Young More -- John Colet -- More's vocation -- Erasmus learns Greek -- Erasmus in England, 1505-6 -- Italian interlude -- Moria -- Colet's school -- Erasmus at Cambridge -- Novum instrumentum -- Utopia -- New editions -- A turning-point -- Luther -- Against Luther -- Against Tyndale -- The troubled years -- The one church -- The two friends.
- Subject Terms:
- Burns & Oates -- Publisher.Erasmus, Desiderius, -1536.More, Thomas, Saint, 1478-1535.
- Wood engravings -- 1965.
Dust jackets (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.