Annals and antiquities of Lacock Abbey : in the county of Wilts : with memorials of the foundress, Ela, countess of Salisbury, and of the earls of Salisbury of the houses of Sarisbury and Longespe : including notices of the monasteries of Bradenstoke, Hinton, and Farley / by the Rev. W. L. Bowles, M.A. M.R.S.L. and John Gough Nichols.
- London : John Bowyer Nichols and Son, 25, Parliament Street, 1835.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 374 (i.e. 386), lxiii,  pages,  leaves of plates ( folded) : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.L33 B69 1835Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engavings by James Basire, George Hollis, and John Swaine; afer John Cleghorn and James Carter.
Extra numbered pages: 77*-80*, 87*-90*, 263*-266*.
Contains pedigrees of the Romara and Vitré families.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary green half calf with marbled boards. Presentation inscription: To Lady Dalymple with the writer's kindess wishes. June 20th 1835.
- Subject Terms:
- Bowles, William Lisle, 1762-1850, -- Pres. insc. to Lady Dalymple. June 20th 1835.Bradenstoke Priory -- History.Country homes -- England -- Wiltshire.Dalymple, Lady -- Pres. insc. from the author. June 20th 1835.John Bowyer Nichols and Son -- Publisher.Lacock Abbey (England) -- History.Longespée family.Romara family.Salisbury, Earls of.Salisbury, Ela de Longespée, 1187-1261.Vitré family.
- Engravings -- 1835.
Lithographs -- 1835.
Steel engravings -- 1835.
YCBA Collections Search
Bowles, William Lisle, 1762-1850, Annals and antiquities of Lacock Abbey , 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.