Addison, Joseph, 1672-1719, The miscellaneous works of Joseph Addison,, 1914
The miscellaneous works of Joseph Addison, edited by A. C. Guthkelch ...
- London, G. Bell and Sons Ltd., 1914.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. front. (port.) plates. 22 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR3301 G87 1914 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- A contemplated third volume, to contain Addison's correspondence, a general introduction and bibliography, was not published. Cf. Pref.
- Subject Terms:
- Hilles, Frederick Whiley, 1900- -- Bookplate (Bac,Ref)Hilles, Frederick Whiley, 1900- -- Provenance (Bac,Ref)Medals, Ancient.Virgil.
- I. Poems. Poems and translations from the Spectator and the Guardian (1711-1713) Poemata (Latin) Plays: Rosamond (1707) Cato (1715) The drummer (1716)- II. Prose works, English: An essay on Virgil's Georgics (1697) Remarks on Italy (1705) The present state of the war (1708) The tryal of Count Tariff (1713) Dialogues upon ancient medals (1721) Of the Christian religion (1721) A discourse on ancient and modern learning (1739) Latin: Nova philosophia veteri praeferenda (1693) Dissertatio de insignioribus Romanorum poetis (1718)