Otway, Thomas, 1652-1685, The complete works of Thomas Otway , MCMXXVI 
The complete works of Thomas Otway / edited by Montague Summers.
- Additional Title(s):
- Bloomsbury : The Nonesuch press, MCMXXVI 
Plymouth : Printed by William Brendon and Son, Ltd., 
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3610.A5 S86 1926Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Text is that of the original editions, collated with reprints issued during Otway's lifetime.
"This edition has been printed and made in England for the Nonesuch Press. It is limited to 1250 sets of three volumes on machine-made paper (numbered 91-1340), and 90 sets on English hand-made paper (numbered 1-90)."--Verso of title page.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 38
BEIN: No. 358.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 53 of 1250. One of 90 copies on English hand-made paper. Bound in quarter vellum with batik paper covered boards.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
- v. 1. Prefatory note. Note as to the text. Introduction. Chronology of Otway's plays. Alcibiades. Don Carlos. Titus and Berenice. The cheats of Scapin
- v. 2. Friendship in fashion. The history and fall of Caius Marius. The orphan. The souldiers fortune
- v. 3. Venice preserv'd. The atheist. Poems. Love-letters.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.