Wycherley, William, 1640-1716, The complete works of William Wycherley , MCMXXIV 
The complete works of William Wycherley / edited by Montague Summers.
- Additional Title(s):
- Soho : The Nonesuch Press, 30 Gerrard Street, W., MCMXXIV 
- Physical Description:
- 4 volumes : 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3771 .S86 1924Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This edition was printed and made in England in the summer of 1924. It is limited to nine hundred sets of four volumes on antique paper (numbered seventy-six to nine hundred and seventy-five), and seventy-five sets of four volumes on English hand-made paper (numbered one to seventy five)."--Volume 1. Verso of title page.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 17
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 13 of a limited edition of 975 copies. One of 75 on English hand-made paper. Bound in quarter vellum with beige and brown batik paper covered boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Wycherley, William, 1640-1716.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
- v. 1. Prefatory note. Note as to the text. Introduction. Love in a wood. The gentleman dancing-master
- v. 2. The country wife. The plain dealer. Letters. Epistles in verse
- v. 3. Miscellany poems
- v. 4. Miscellany poems concluded. Miscellaneous poems published from more correct copies. Hero and Leander in burlesque. The posthumous works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.