The history of fashion in France, or, The dress of women from the Gallo-Roman period to the present time / from the French of M. Augustin Challamel by Mrs. Cashel Hoey and Mr. John Lillie.
- Additional Title(s):
History of fashion in France
Dress of women from the Gallo-Roman period to the present time
Histoire de la mode en France. English
- New York : Scribner and Welford, 1882.
London : Printed by Gilbert and Rivington, Limited, St. John's Square
- Physical Description:
- xii, 293,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT850 .C43 1882Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Printer's information from title page verso.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's quarter cloth and gilt-stamped wood veneer. Bookplate: C. Leslie Allen, Viola Allen.
- Subject Terms:
- Allen, C. Leslie -- Bookplate.Allen, Viola -- Bookplate.Clothing and dress -- France -- History.Costume -- France -- History.Fashion -- France -- History.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1882.
YCBA Collections Search
Challamel, Augustin, 1818-1894, The history of fashion in France, or, The dress of women from the Gallo-Roman period to the present time , 1882
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.