The game of polo / by T.F. Dale, M.A. ("Stoneclink" of the Field) ; illustrated by Lillian Smythe, Cuthbert Bradley and Crawford Wood.
- Westminster : Archibald Constable and Company, 2, Whitehall Gardens, 
London : Harrison and Sons, Printers in Ordinary to Her Majesty, St. Martin's Lane
- Physical Description:
- xi, , 275 pages, , 24 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, portraits ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1011 .D35 1897Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "To John Watson, Esq. M.F.H" dated 1897.
Printer's statement from title page verso.
Includes publisher's advertisements, , 24 pages at end.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 263
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original green cloth; gold lettering on front cover and spine. Signed in manuscript: Please return to Saml. C. Davis.
- Subject Terms:
- Davis, Samuel C. -- Provenance.Horse sports -- Great Britain.Polo.Sports -- Great Britain.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1897.
- I. The rise and development of polo
- II. The training of the player
- III. The education of the pony
- IV. The game
- V. The umpire
- VI. Management of the polo club
- VII. Polo in India
- VIII. Polo in the colonies and abroad
- IX. Polo ponies
- X. Stable management and the wintering of polo ponies
- XI. Pulling ponies
- XII. Breeding polo ponies and the P.P. Stud Book Society
- XIII. The dress and equipment of the player
- XIV. The expense and danger of polo
- XV. Polo clubs
- XVI. Recollections and reflections
- Rules of polo
- Principal tournaments and winners
- List of clubs.