From the Third programme : a ten-years' anthology : imagination, argument, experience, exposition / edited by John Morris.
- London : Nonesuch Press, 66 Chandos Place, London WC2, 1956.
- Physical Description:
- x, 339,  pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1149 .T45 1956Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Of this book designed by Francis Meynell a numbered edition of thirteen hundred tall copies has been printed on Barcham Green's rag mould-made paper by the Stellar Press for sale in the United Kingdom by the Nonesuch Press and in Canada and the United States by Max Reinhardt (Canada) Limited, Toronto. Unlike the standard edition it contains decorations by B.S. Biro. The binding is by Leighton-Straker."--Colophon.
Gallup, D.C. Eliot (rev. ed.), Ba21
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 125
Includes "Virgil and the Christian world" by T.S. Eliot (p. 243-258).
committed to retain 20170930 20421231 HathiTrust To help ensure preservation of print and digital collections, this title is retained by Yale University Library on behalf of the HathiTrust Shared Print Program.
BEIN Gallup Eliot Ba21: Dust jacket. In manuscript on back paste-down endpaper: DCG 1132. Accompanied by: Publisher's prospectus ( p.); publisher's post card ( p.) From the Donald C. Gallup Collection of T.S. Eliot.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 833 of 1300. Bound in publisher's gray buckram.
- Subject Terms:
- English literature -- 20th century.Literature.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1956.
- Imagination. The descent into the cave / James Kirkup
- The heart of a king / William Plomer
- Maisie / V.S. Pritchett
- Antigone / Henry Reed
- Syler's green / Stevie Smith.
- Argument. The artist in society / Graham Greene, Elizabeth Bowen and V.S. Pritchett
- A discussion on the existence of God / Bertrand Russell and Father Copleston.
- Experience. Lytton Strachey and his critics / Noel Annan
- First meetings with W.B. Yeats / Max Beerbohm
- Belinsky / Isaiah Berlin
- Miching Mallecho / Laura Bohannan
- Revolution at Bayreuth / E.M. Forster
- The French language / André Gide
- Tolstoy's wife / Maxim Gorky
- The Dukeries / Nicholas Pevsner
- Some far eastern dreams / Arthur Waley
- The cosmopolitan spirit / Edward Sackville-West.
- Exposition. Virgil and the Christian world / T.S. Eliot
- Why are they French? / Darsie Gillie
- Continuous creation / Fred Hoyle
- The state of civilisation in France / Alan Pryce-Jones
- Anton Chekhov : an essay / Thomas Mann
- The muse in the nursery / P.H. Newby
- Humbug in science / Magnus Pyke
- The Cretan tablets / Michael Ventris
- Memory systems in the brain / J.Z. Young.