Higginson, A. Henry, Letters from an old sportsman to a young one , 1929
Letters from an old sportsman to a young one / by A. Henry Higginson ; illustrated by Lionel Edwards.
- Garden City, N.Y. : Doubleday, Doran & company, inc., 1929.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 248,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (1 col.) ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1078Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrated lining papers.
"This book is set in Scotch-face and printed on Aurelian paper by D.B. Updike, the Merrymount press, Boston. First regular edition, of 1500 copies published October 25, 1929."
"The author ... has ... given to those who are interested ... in cross country racing as well as hunting, his ... views on the subjects."--Foreward.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 369
BAC: British Art Center copy: Calico-texture green cloth; gold lettering on front cover and spine, top edge deep green. Half-title, color frontispiece, title-page, plate of color halftone-photoengraving, 21 line-photoengravings in text, line-photoengraving on title-page. Plates after Lionel Edwards. Text illustrations by J.I. Chamberlain. First Regular Edition of 1500 copies. Spine height: 9 3/8 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting.Horse racing.Horsemanship.Horses.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.