Stow, John, 1525?-1605, A survey of London,, 1908
A survey of London, by John Stow; reprinted from the text of 1603, with introduction and notes by Charles Lethbridge Kingsford.
- Oxford, The Clarendon Press, 1908.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. fronts. (v. 1. port.) illus., fold. map inserted, double facsim. 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryDA680 S75 1908 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Facsimile of author's autograph on front covers
With reproduction of original t.p.: A svray of London. Conteyning theOriginall, Antiquity, Increase, Moderne estate, and description of that City, written in the yeare 1598, by Iohn Stow Citizen of London. Since by the same Author increased, with diuers rare notes of Antiquity, and published in the yeare, 1603 ... Imprinted by Iohn Windet, Printer to the honorable Citie of London, 1603.
"Notes on the Stow family": p. [xlviv]-xlviii.
Bibliography: p. lxxxii-lxxxvi.
- Subject Terms:
- London (England) -- Description and travel.London (England) -- History -- To 1600.