The yellow book : an illustrated quarterly.
- Additional Title(s):
Yellow book (London, England)
- London : Elkin Mathews & John Lane ; [1894-1897]
Boston : Copeland & Day, [1894-1897]
- Physical Description:
- 13 v. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAP4 .Y45Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 1997 S7: Vol. 9, on cover: second edition.
BEIN 1997 S7: Vol. 1-2 have bookplate of Edward W. Lewis.
Imprint varies: after vol. 3 (Oct. 1894), only John Lane, and Copeland & Day; Oct. 1896-Apr. 1897: London ; New York : J. Lane.
Art editor, v. 1 (Apr. 1894)-v. 3 (Oct. 1894): Aubrey Beardsley.
Literary editor: Henry Harland. With literary contributions from Edmund Gosse, Henry James, Arthur Symons, Richard Le Gallienne, Ada Leverson and others.
With art contributions from Aubrey Beardsley, Walter Sickert, Walter Crane, Philip Wilson Steer, Joseph Pennell, William Rothenstein, Max Beerbohm and others.
Reader's guide to periodical literature
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original black-stamped yellow cloth. Bookseller's label: The Holliday Bookshop, New York.
- Subject Terms:
- Aestheticism (Literature) -- Periodicals.Art -- Periodicals.Decadence (Literary movement)E. Mathews & J. Lane -- Publisher.English literature -- Periodicals.Great Britain -- Periodicals.Lane, John -- Publisher.Lewis, Edward W. -- Bookplate.Specimens
- Periodicals -- England -- 19th century.
Photomechanical prints -- 1894-1897.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.