Plans, and views in perspective, with descriptions, of buildings erected in England and Scotland : and also an essay, to elucidate the Grecian, Roman and Gothic architecture, accompanied with designs / by Robert Mitchell, architect = Plans, descriptions, et vues en perspective, des édifices érigés en Angleterre et en Écosse: suivis d'un essai sur l'architecture greque, romaine et gothique, avec des desseins illustratifs / par Robert Mitchell, architecte.
- London : Printed at the Oriental Press, by Wilson & Co. for the author; and sold by J. Taylor, Architectural Libary, High Holborn; R. Faulder, New Bond-Steet; J. and T. Carpenter, Old Bond-Street; T. Evans, Pall-Mall; and J. White, Fleet-Street, 1801.
- Physical Description:
- , 32 pages, 18 leaves of plates : illustrations, plans ; 54 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2013 18 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2013 18 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 bound in contemporary quarter brown calf and brown boards. Uncolored. Armorial bookplate: Richard Blackett Beaumont. Copy 2 bound in publisher's original gray paper-covered boards with cream paper covered spine. With hand-colored plates.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Designs and plans.Architecture -- Great Britain.Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Beaumont, Richard Blackett -- Bookplate.Country homes -- Great Britain -- Designs and plans.Panorama (Leicester Square, London, England)
- Aquatints -- 1801.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1801.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
- Entrance front of Selwood Park
- Plan of the principal floor of Selwood Park. Plan of the bed-room floor
- Front towards the pleasure-grounds
- A perspective view of the great stair-case, which forms also a music gallery
- Elevation of the north front, and plan of the principal floor of Heath-Lane Lodge, the residence of Isaac Swainson, Esq. Plan of the bed-chamber floor
- South front of Heath-Lane Lodge
- Plan of the principal floor of Cottisbrooke, the seat of Sir William Langham, Bart
- View of Cottisbrooke
- Plan of the principal floor of Moore-Place, the seat of James Gordon, Esq. Plan of the bed-chamber floor
- View of Moore-Place
- South front of Preston-Hall, the seat of Sir John Callander, Bart.
- Plan of the principal floor of Preston-Halll. Plan of the bed-chamber floor. Plan of the basement
- North front of Preston-Hall
- View of the corridore and wing, as seen from within the drawing-room through the Venetian window. Plan of the stables
- A section of the Rotunda in Leicester Square, in which is exhibited The Panorama.