The Dunciad, variorum, with the prolegomena of Scriblerus, by Alexander Pope; reproduced in facsimile from the first issue of the original edition of 1729; with an introductory essay by Robert Kilburn Root.
- Princeton, Princeton University Press, 1929.
- Physical Description:
- 2 preliminary leaves, 42 pages, facsim.: 2 pages leaves, 3-16 pages, 1 leaf, 29 (i.e. 27) pages, 1 leaf, 118, cxix-cxxiv pages 27 cm
- Reference LibraryPR3625 A1 1729A (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Nos. 7-8 omitted in paging of prolegomena.
"The various editions of the Complete Dunciad of 1729": Introd., p. 38-39.
- Subject Terms:
- Dunciad (Pope, Alexander)Pope, Alexander, 1688-1744. Dunciad -- Criticism, Textual.Verse satire, English -- Criticism, Textual.Verse satire, English.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
YCBA Collections Search
Pope, Alexander, 1688-1744, The Dunciad, variorum,, 1929