IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Nugent, Maria, Lady, 1771?-1834, A journal of a voyage to, and residence in, the island of Jamaica, from 1801 to 1805 , MDCCCXXXIX 
A journal of a voyage to, and residence in, the island of Jamaica, from 1801 to 1805 : and of subsequent events in England from 1805 to 1811 / by Maria, Lady Nugent ; in two volumes.
- London : Printed by T. and W. Boone, No. 29, New Bond Street, MDCCCXXXIX 
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF1870 .N84 1839Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- With a frontispiece portrait of Maria, Lady Nugent, engraved by G. Adcock.
Printer's name from verso of half-title.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary gold tooled black morocco.
LSF, WB 17289: Manuscript letter from author's husband, Sir George Nugent, on front fly leaf.
- Subject Terms:
- British -- Jamaica -- Diaries.Great Britain -- History -- 1800-1837.Jamaica -- Description and travel.Voyages and travels.Women travelers -- Jamaica.
- Stipple engravings -- 1839.
Steel engravings -- 1839.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1839.
Engravings -- 1839.
- Plates: Portrait of Maria, Lady Nugent
- King's House, Spanish Town
- The Government Penn
- Nurse Flora.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.