Hargrove, Ely, 1742-1818, The history of the castle, town, and forest of Knaresborough, with Harrogate, and its medicinal waters, 1798
- The history of the castle, town, and forest of Knaresborough, with Harrogate, and its medicinal waters. Including an account of the most remarkable places in the neighbourhood: the curious remains of antiquity; elegant buildings; ornamented grounds; & other singular productions of nature and art ... By E. Hargrove.
- The 5th ed.
- York, Printed by Wilson, Spence, and Mawman, 1798.
- Physical Description:
- 4, 382 p. front., ill., plates, plan, col. fold. map. 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 K6 H18 1798Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates by J. Walker, W. Green, I. Bullock, or C. Livesay; some after F. Nicholson, or Hardisty.
Map by J. Cary, after Green.
One illustration (p. 82) by Thomas Bewick.--Cf. Hugo 5389.
- Subject Terms:
- Chron -- 1798.Harrogate (England) -- History.Knaresborough (England) -- History.Wilson, Spence, and Mawman -- Printer]York (England) -- Imprints -- Specimens -- 1798.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1798.
Etchings -- 1798.
Wood engravings -- 1798.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.