The history of the castle, town, and forest of Knaresborough, with Harrogate, and its medicinal waters. Including an account of the most remarkable places in the neighbourhood: the curious remains of antiquity; elegant buildings; ornamented grounds; & other singular productions of nature and art ... By E. Hargrove.
- The 5th ed.
- York, Printed by Wilson, Spence, and Mawman, 1798.
- Physical Description:
- 4, 382 p. front., ill., plates, plan, col. fold. map. 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 K6 H18 1798View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates by J. Walker, W. Green, I. Bullock, or C. Livesay; some after F. Nicholson, or Hardisty.
Map by J. Cary, after Green.
One illustration (p. 82) by Thomas Bewick.--Cf. Hugo 5389.
- Subject Terms:
- Chron -- 1798.Harrogate (England) -- History.Knaresborough (England) -- History.Wilson, Spence, and Mawman -- Printer]York (England) -- Imprints -- Specimens -- 1798.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1798.
Etchings -- 1798.
Wood engravings -- 1798.
YCBA Collections Search
Hargrove, Ely, 1742-1818, The history of the castle, town, and forest of Knaresborough, with Harrogate, and its medicinal waters, 1798
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.