A collection of landscapes / drawn by P. Sandby, Esq. R.A. and engraved by Mr. Rooker, and Mr. Watts, with descriptions.
- London : Printed for G. Kearsly, at No. 46, in Fleet-street, MDCCLXXVII 
- Physical Description:
- , 39,  p., 32 leaves of plates : ill. ; 25 x 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7328 .S26 1777+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- LWL 75 Sa5 777: Armorial binding of a knight of the Order of the Garter with motto "Honi soit qui mal y pense."
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary half calf and marbled boards. Presention inscription: To Mr. Massiot from his much obliged friend P. Sandby 1778. Autograph: Sophia (?) Payne, March 21, 1836.
Chiefly views of country seats. Includes view of Strawberry Hill.
A few of the earlier plates signed by E. Rooker, instead of M.A. Rooker.
English short title catalogue, T208145
Publisher's advertisements:  p. at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1777.Historic buildings -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Kearsly, G. -- Publisher.Massiot, Mr. -- Pres. insc. from Paul Sandby, 1778.Massiot, Mr. -- Provenance.Order of the Garter -- Binding.Payne, Sophia -- Autograph.Sandby, Paul -- Pres. insc. to Mr. Malliot, 1778.Strawberry Hill (Twickenham, London, England)
- Viewbooks -- England -- 18th century.
Armorial bindings (Binding)
Armorial bindings (Provenance)
- IIIF Manifest:
- Wakefield Lodge
- Strawberry Hill
- Datchet Bridge
- Wynn Stay
- Chatsworth House
- Englefield Green
- Abbey Gate at Reading
- South view of Strawberry Hill
- Knole Park
- Hackwood Park
- Royal MIlitary Academy
- North west view of Wakefield Lodge
- Welch Bridge
- Princes House at Kew
- South east view of Windsor Castle
- Pendhill Court
- Ember Court
- Nottingham Castle
- Seat of Sir Thomas Wilson, at Charleton
- Thames Ditton
- East view of Nottingham Castle
- Try Hill
- Bagshot Park
- South view of Shrewsbury Castle
- Montreal, in Kent.