Sandby, Paul, 1731-1809, A collection of landscapes , MDCCLXXVII 
- A collection of landscapes / drawn by P. Sandby, Esq. R.A. and engraved by Mr. Rooker, and Mr. Watts, with descriptions.
- London : Printed for G. Kearsly, at No. 46, in Fleet-street, MDCCLXXVII 
- Physical Description:
- , 39,  p., 32 leaves of plates : ill. ; 25 x 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7328 .S26 1777+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- LWL 75 Sa5 777: Armorial binding of a knight of the Order of the Garter with motto "Honi soit qui mal y pense."
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary half calf and marbled boards. Presention inscription: To Mr. Massiot from his much obliged friend P. Sandby 1778. Autograph: Sophia (?) Payne, March 21, 1836.
Chiefly views of country seats. Includes view of Strawberry Hill.
A few of the earlier plates signed by E. Rooker, instead of M.A. Rooker.
ESTC (RLIN), T208145
Publisher's advertisements:  p. at end.
- Wakefield Lodge -- Strawberry Hill -- Datchet Bridge -- Wynn Stay -- Chatsworth House -- Englefield Green -- Drumlanrig -- Abbey Gate at Reading -- Wensleydale -- Nuneham -- South view of Strawberry Hill -- Knole Park -- Hackwood Park -- Charlton -- Royal MIlitary Academy -- North west view of Wakefield Lodge -- Barrington -- Jennings -- Edwinsford -- Welch Bridge -- Princes House at Kew -- South east view of Windsor Castle -- Pendhill Court -- Ember Court -- Nottingham Castle -- Seat of Sir Thomas Wilson, at Charleton -- Thames Ditton -- East view of Nottingham Castle -- Try Hill -- Bagshot Park -- South view of Shrewsbury Castle -- Montreal, in Kent.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1777.Historic buildings -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Kearsly, G. -- Publisher.Massiot, Mr. -- Pres. insc. from Paul Sandby, 1778.Massiot, Mr. -- Provenance.Order of the Garter -- Binding.Payne, Sophia -- Autograph.Sandby, Paul -- Pres. insc. to Mr. Malliot, 1778.Strawberry Hill (Twickenham, London, England)
- Viewbooks -- England -- 18th century.
Armorial bindings (Binding)
Armorial bindings (Provenance)
Publishers' advertisements -- England -- London -- 1777.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.