The life and letters of Sir John Everett Millais, president of the Royal Academy / by his son, John Guille Millais ; with 319 illustrations, including nine photogravures.
- London : Methuen & Co., 36 Essex Street, W.C., London, 1899.
Plymouth : W. Brendon and Son, 
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18 M61 M55 1899 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]Rare Books and ManuscriptsND497.M6 M5 1899Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Thomas R. Burns, Yale BA 2013View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- "Chronological list of Millais' work in oil, water, and black-and-white"--volume 2, pages 466-497.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped blue cloth binding. Presentation copy from the author to Frederic George Stephens, dated November 8, 1899. Two leaves of notes by Stephens laid in volume one. Leaf of notes by Stephens laid in volume 2. ALS to Stephens from Effie Millais tipped in at back. B. Title and decorative device in gilt on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Millais, Euphemia Chalmers Gray, Lady, 1828-1897 -- ALS to Frederick George Stephens, Bowerswell, Perth, March, 1894.Millais, John Everett, 1829-1896 -- Biography.Millais, John Guille, 1865-1931 -- Pres. insc. to Frederick George Stephens, November, 8, 1899.Stephens, Frederick George -- ALS from Effie Millais, Bowerswell, Perth, March, 1894.Stephens, Frederick George -- Pres. insc. from John Guille Millais, November, 8, 1899.
YCBA Collections Search
Millais, John Guille, 1865-1931, The life and letters of Sir John Everett Millais, president of the Royal Academy , 1899