Strickland, Agnes, 1796-1874, Lives of the queens of England , 1841-48
- Lives of the queens of England : from the Norman conquest, with anecdotes of their courts, now first published from official records and other authentic documents, private as well as public / by Agnes Strickland.
- London : Henry Colburn, Publisher, Great Marlborough Street, 1841-48.
- Physical Description:
- 12 v. : ill., ports. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA28.2 .S77 1841Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- SML By9 72y: Bookplate of Isabel F. Pierson.
With an added engraved title page.
Includes bibliographical references.
BAC: British Art Center copy has v. 5 only. Bound in publisher's gold- and blind-stamped red publisher's cloth. Inscribed: Priscilla Vickers Vol. 5.
- Subject Terms:
- Colburn, Henry -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1841-1848.Great Britain -- History.Pierson, Isabel F. -- Bookplate.Queens -- Great Britain -- Biography.Queens -- Great Britain -- Portraits.Savill, Thomas C. -- Printer.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1841-1848.Vickers, Priscilla -- Autograph. (BACRB)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.