The book of English trades, and library of the useful arts , 1824
The book of English trades, and library of the useful arts : with seventy engravings.
- Additional Title(s):
Book of trades
- A new edition enlarged, with 500 questions for the exercise of students.
- London : Printed for G. and W.B. Whittaker, Ave Maria Lane, 1824.
[London] : Shackell and Arrowsmith, Johnson's-court, Fleet-street
- Physical Description:
- iv, 454, 18 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsT47 .B66 1824Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Originally published in 3 volumes in 1804 under the title: The book of trades, or, Library of the useful arts. Editions from as early as 1818 are published under the title: The book of English trades ..., and their texts and plates differ considerably from those of earlier editions.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary calf. Presentation inscription: Alexander Wright the gift of his cousin Isabella June 29 1826.
- Subject Terms:
- England -- Occupations.England -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Great Britain -- Occupations.Industrial arts -- Great Britain.Occupations -- England -- History -- 19th century.Wright, Alexander -- Presentation inscription from his cousin Isabella.
- Wood engravings -- 1824.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.