Illustrations of Cairo / by Robert Hay, Esq., of Linplum ; drawn on stone by J.C. Bourne, under the superintendence of Owen B. Carter, architect.
- Additional Title(s):
Hay's illustrations of Cairo
Views in Kairo
- London : Published by Tilt and Bogue, 86, Fleet Street, 1840.
London : Printed by Moyes and Barclay, Castle Street, Leicester Square, 
- Physical Description:
- 23,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 55 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2014 39 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2014 39 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- With an added ornamental title page, lithographed within elaborate arabesque design: Views in Kairo by R. Hay Esq of Linplum,.
Cover title: Hay's illustrations of Cairo.
Lithography by John C. Bourne and Thomas Shotter Boys; after Robert Hay and Owen Browne Carter. Plates printed by C. Hullmandel, Day & Haghe, M. & N. Hanhart
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 270
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Imperfect: lacks letterpress title page. Bound in contemporary maroon quarter morocco and pink moiré cloth covers, with title stamped in gilt.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in contemporary black quarter morocco and dark blue moiré cloth covers, with title stamped in gilt. With the bookplates of Henry Barrett Lennard and James Frothingham Hunnewell.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Egypt -- Cairo -- Pictorial works.Barrett-Lennard, Henry, 1818-1899 -- Bookplate.Cairo (Egypt) -- Description and travel -- Pictorials works.Hunnewell, James Frothingham, 1832-1910 -- Bookplate.
- Lithographs -- 1840.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1840.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.