Travels in Georgia, Persia, Armenia, ancient Babylonia, &c. &c. : during the years 1817, 1818, 1819, and 1820 / by Sir Robert Ker Porter ; with numerous engravings of portraits, costumes, antiquities, &c.
- London : Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, Paternoster Row, 1821-1822.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., maps, port. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS48.5 .P84 1821+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- "London: Printed by A. & R. Spottiswoode, New Street Square."--T.p. verso.
Engravings by William Thomas Fry, J. Clark, Charles Heath and Sidney Hall; after Robert Ker Porter.
Abbey, J. R. Travel, 359
Tooley, R.V. Coloured plates (1979 ed.) 384
Colas, R. Costume, 2409
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Holland House bookplate. Bound in vellum.
- Subject Terms:
- A. & R. Spottiswoode -- Printer.Armenia -- Description and travel.Babylonia -- Description and travel.Georgia (Republic) -- Description and travel.Holland House -- Bookplate.Iran -- Description and travel.Iran -- History -- Qajar dynasty, 1794-1925.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown -- Publisher.Middle East -- Description and travel -- 19th century.Porter, Robert Ker, Sir, 1777-1842 -- Travel -- Middle East.
- Aquatints -- 1822.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1822.
Wood engravings -- 1822.
Engravings -- 1822.
Stipple engravings -- 1822.
YCBA Collections Search
Porter, Robert Ker, Sir, 1777-1842, Travels in Georgia, Persia, Armenia, ancient Babylonia, &c. &c. , 1821-1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.