Greenland, the adjacent seas, and the North-west Passage to the Pacific Ocean : illustrated in a voyage to Davis's Strait during the summer of 1817 / by Bernard O'Reilly ; with charts and numerous plates, from drawings of the author taken on the spot.
- London : Printed for Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 47, Paternoster-Row, 1818.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 293 p., XVIII,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., maps, ports. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG650 1817 .O74 + OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 633
BEIN 1997 +159: Bookplate: William Arthur, sixth Duke of Portland. Advertising matter on 2 p. at end, not included in pagination.
BEIR Ekb +817: Autograph: J. Baker.
"This work is plagiarized from Prof. Sir C. L. M. von Giesecke's Lectures and from General Vallancey"--Cf. Allibone.
"American editions were published in Philadelphia and New York in 1818"--Cf. Abbey.
"The 'Quarterly Review', in an article immediately following the notorious review of Keats's 'Endymion', called the book 'a bare faced imposition'"--Cf. Abbey.
Allibone, S. A. Critical dictionary of English literature. Detroit : Gale Research Co., 1965, v. 3, p. 1460
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
BAC: Bookplate of John Waldie. Label mounted under bookplate: Topography, Travels, &c., No. 558
Printed by C. Baldwin, New Bridge Street, London.
Illustrations by Frederick Christian Lewis and George Cooke; after S. Koenig.
- Subject Terms:
- Arctic regions -- Discovery and exploration -- British.Baker, J. -- Autograph.Baldwin, C. -- Printer.Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy -- Publisher.Davis Strait -- Discovery and exploration -- British.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1818.Greenland -- Description and travel.Northwest Passage -- Discovery and exploration -- British.Portland, William John Arthur Charles James Cavendish-Bentinck, Duke of, 1857-1943 -- Bookplate. (bein)Waldie, John -- Bookplate.
- Travel literature -- Northwest Passage -- 1817.
Aquatints -- 1818.
YCBA Collections Search
O'Reilly, Bernard, Greenland, the adjacent seas, and the North-west Passage to the Pacific Ocean , 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.