Krilof and his fables / by W.R.S. Ralston, M.A. of the British Museum.
- Additional Title(s):
Basni. English. Selections
- Second edition.
- [London] : Strahan and Co., Publishers 56 Ludgate Hill, London, 1869.
- Physical Description:
- xlii, , 180 p. : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPG3337.K7 R35 1869Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- A literal prose translation of about half of Krilof's fables. Cf. Pref.
Wood engravings by the Dalziel Brothers; after Arthur Boyd Houghton and Johann Baptist Zwecker.
Printed by Dalziel Brothers, Camden Press, N.W.
Engraved vignette on t.p.
Most fables accompanied by engraved vignette.
BAC: British Art Center copy lacks preliminaries preceding title page. "Philadelphia Public Library" stamp on t.p. Bookplate of the Wissahickon branch of the Free Library of Philadelphia.
- Subject Terms:
- Dalziel Brothers -- Printer.Fables, Russian.Free library of Philadelphia -- Bookplate.Philadelpia Public Library -- Stamp.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Strahan and Co. -- Publishers.
- Wood engravings -- 1869.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.