Anburey, Thomas, author, Travels through the interior parts of America , MDCCLXXXIX 
Travels through the interior parts of America : in a series of letters / by an officer.
- London : Printed for William Lane, Leadenhall-Street, MDCCLXXXIX 
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsE163 .A53 1789Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View a selection of digital images in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database
- Dedication signed: Thomas Anburey.
Frontispiece map (vol. 1) engraved by Thomas Conder. Other engravings by Inigo Barlow.
Pagination: v. 1: , vii, , 467,  p.,  leaves of plates (5 folded); v. 2:, 558,  p.,  folded leaves of plates.
Signatures: v. 1: pi² [A]⁴ a-b⁴ c² A-2G⁸ 2H² (2H2 verso blank); v. 2: [A]² B-2N⁸ (2N8 blank).
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 1366
Howes, W. U.S.iana (2nd ed.) A226
English Short Title Catalogue, T97132
BEIN 1995 370 copy 1: 20 cm. Imperfect: front.(fold. map) wanting; fold. plan bled; leaf of facsims. wanting.
BEIN 1995 370 copy 2: 22 cm. Imperfect: front (fold. map), 2 fold. plates, and leaf of facsims. wanting.
BAC: British Art Center bound in contemporary calf. Bookplate: Col. Geo. Callander of Craigforth.
- Subject Terms:
- Burgoyne's Invasion, 1777.Callander, Geo., Col. -- Bookplate.Canada -- Description and travel.United States -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.United States -- Description and travel.United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Personal narratives, British.
- Subscription lists (Publishing) -- England -- London -- 1789.
Engravings -- 1789.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
- Plates: Map for the interior travels through America, delineating the march of the Army
- View of St. John's upon the River Sorrell
- The section and plan of a blockhouse
- Indian warrior
- View of the blockhouse and the saw mill
- View of the encampment at Still Water
- American continental dollars
- View of the encampment of the Convention Army at Charlotteville.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.