Anburey, Thomas, author, Travels through the interior parts of America , MDCCLXXXIX 
Travels through the interior parts of America : in a series of letters / by an officer.
- London : Printed for William Lane, Leadenhall-Street, MDCCLXXXIX 
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsE163 .A53 1789Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- View a selection of digital images in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database
- Dedication signed: Thomas Anburey.
Frontispiece map (vol. 1) engraved by Thomas Conder. Other engravings by Inigo Barlow.
Pagination: v. 1: , vii, , 467,  p.,  leaves of plates (5 folded); v. 2:, 558,  p.,  folded leaves of plates.
Signatures: v. 1: pi² [A]⁴ a-b⁴ c² A-2G⁸ 2H² (2H2 verso blank); v. 2: [A]² B-2N⁸ (2N8 blank).
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 1366
Howes, W. U.S.iana, 1650-1950 (1962 edition), A226
English short title catalogue, T97132
BEIN 1995 370 copy 1: 20 cm. Imperfect: front.(fold. map) wanting; fold. plan bled; leaf of facsims. wanting.
BEIN 1995 370 copy 2: 22 cm. Imperfect: front (fold. map), 2 fold. plates, and leaf of facsims. wanting.
BAC: British Art Center bound in contemporary calf. Bookplate: Col. Geo. Callander of Craigforth.
- Subject Terms:
- Burgoyne's Invasion, 1777.Callander, Geo., Col. -- Bookplate.Canada -- Description and travel.United States -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.United States -- Description and travel.United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Personal narratives, British.
- Subscription lists (Publishing) -- England -- London -- 1789.
Engravings -- 1789.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
- Plates: Map for the interior travels through America, delineating the march of the Army
- View of St. John's upon the River Sorrell
- The section and plan of a blockhouse
- Indian warrior
- View of the blockhouse and the saw mill
- View of the encampment at Still Water
- American continental dollars
- View of the encampment of the Convention Army at Charlotteville.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.