The perfect horse : how to know him, how to breed him, how to train him, how to shoe him, how to drive him / by William H.H. Murray ; with an introduction by Rev. Henry Ward Beecher ; and a treatise on agriculture and the horse, by Hon. George B. Loring ; containing illustrations of the best trotting stock-horses in the United States, done from life, with their pedigrees, records, and full descriptions.
- Boston : James R. Osgood and Company, (Late Ticknor & Fields, and Fields, Osgood, & Co), 1873.
Boston : Rand, Avery, & Co., electrotypers and printers
- Physical Description:
- xi, , 480 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF285 .M87 1873Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printer's statement from verso of title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gilt- and blind-stamped brown cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Horses -- Breeding.Horses -- Training.Horses.
- Wood engravings -- 1873.
YCBA Collections Search
Murray, W. H. H. (William Henry Harrison), 1840-1904, The perfect horse , 1873
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.