Hoffmann, Heinrich, 1809-1894, Struwwelpeter , 
- Struwwelpeter / by Dr. Heinrich Hoffmann.
- Alternate Title(s):
- English Struwwelpeter, or, Pretty stories and funny pictures.
- London : George Routledge & Sons, 
- Physical Description:
- 24 leaves : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPT2362.H45 S7 1909Yale Center for British Art, Gift of the Salter FamilyAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of publication from English Catalogue of Books.
Caption title: The English Struwwelpeter, or, Pretty stories and funny pictures.
Publisher's advertisement for "Routledge's one syllable series" on back cover.
English Catalogue of Books, v. 8, p. 604
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publiser's original illustrated boards. Inscribed to Samuel Salter, from his uncle.
- Shock-headed Peter -- The story of cruel Frederick -- The dreadful story about Harriet and the matches -- The story of the inky boys -- The story of the man that went out shooting -- The story of little Suck-a-thumb -- The story of Augustus who would not have any soup -- The story of fidgety Philip -- The story of Johnny Head-in-the-air -- The story of flying Robert.
- Subject Terms:
- Children -- Conduct of life -- Juvenile poetry.Children's poetry, German -- Translations into English.Salter, Samuel -- Pres. insc. from his Uncle. Dec. 23d 1925.Stories in rhyme.
- Publisher's advertisements.
Photomechanical prints -- .
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.