Woolnoth, W. (William), A graphical illustration of the metropolitan cathedral church of Canterbury , 1816
- A graphical illustration of the metropolitan cathedral church of Canterbury : accompanied by a history and description, collected from the most authentic documents, and drawn up from repeated surveys of that venerable fabric : with descriptions of its monumental structures, and an account of its chapels, altars, shrines, and chantries : also comprising biographical sketches of the lives of the archbishops, and deans of Canterbury : and historical notices of the celebrated Convent of Christchurch : with lists, and interesting particulars of its Deans, Priors, and distinguished monks / by W. Woolnoth ; containing twenty plates engraved by himself from drawings by T. Hastings, member of The Royal Liverpool Academy.
- London : Published by T. Cadell and W. Davies, Strand; and by J. Murray, Albemarle Street ..., 1816.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 174 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., plan ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5471.C2 W66 1816+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by W. Woolnoth; after Thomas Hastings and H.S. Storer.
Printed by Nichols, Son, and Bentley, London.
With an added engraved title page.
List of subscribers: p. [vii]-viii.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary black half roan and marbled paper boards. Bookplate: James Frothingham Hunnewell.
- Subject Terms:
- Cadell, T. -- Publisher.Canterbury Cathedral.Cathedrals -- Great Britain.Christ Church Monastery (Canterbury, England)Church architecture -- Great Britain.Davies, W. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1816.Hunnewell, James Frothingham -- Bookplate.Murray, J. -- Publisher.Nichols, Son, and Bentley -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.