Coxe, William, 1747-1828, Travels in Switzerland, and in the country of the Grisons , 1794
- Travels in Switzerland, and in the country of the Grisons : in a series of letters to William Melmoth, Esq. / from William Coxe, M.A. F.R.S. F.A.S. Rector of Bemerton; and domestic chaplain to the Lord Bishop of Salisbury.
- The third edition, in two volumes.
- London : Printed for T. Cadell, in the Strand, 1794.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., maps ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDQ22 .C69 1794+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIR WE 1723: Bookplate: Ex libris 1751-1800, W.S. Lewis. Amorial bookplate: Dogmersfield Library.
Aquatint engravings by Samuel Alken; after John "Warwick" Smith.
Map engraved by W. Palmer, Islington.
English short title catalogue, T133962
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary diced calf, with marbled edges and marbled endpapers.
- Subject Terms:
- Cadell, T. -- Publisher.Dogmersfield Library -- Bookplate.Lewis, W. S. (Wilmarth Sheldon), 1895-1979 -- Bookplate.Switzerland -- Description and travel.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Aquatints -- 1794.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1794.
Engravings -- 1794.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1794.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.