A circle of the seasons : a translation of the Ritu-Samhāra of Kalidasa / made from various European sources by E. Powys Mathers ; with engravings by Robert Gibbings.
- Additional Title(s):
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1929.
- Physical Description:
- 28,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPK3796.R7 C57 1929Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "This book was printed by Robert Gibbings at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire, & completed on the 8th day of December, 1928. Compositors: A.H. Gibbs and F. Young. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. The edition is limited to 500 numbered copies."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 64
SML,AOB: "This is no. 15."
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 151 of 500. Bound in publisher's original tan buckram.
BEIN 1989 259: No. 281.
- Subject Terms:
- Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.Sanskrit poetry -- Translations into English.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
Wood engravings -- 1929.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.