IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Hopkins, Gerard Manley, 1844-1889, Selected poems , 1954
Selected poems / Gerard Manley Hopkins.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : The Nonesuch Press, 66 Chandos Place London WC2, 1954.
- Physical Description:
- v, , 104,  pages : illustrations ; 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4803.H64 A17 1954Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "Of this edition of 1100 copies have been printed by the Stellar Press of Barnet on rag paper in the Time Bold type for sale in the United Kingdom by the Nonesuch Press of London and in Canada and the United States through Max Reinhardt (Canada) Ltd of Toronto. The wood-engraving on the title page is by Kenneth Lindley, the binding by Mansell of London. The text is that of the third Oxford edition, edited by W.H. Gardner and here used by arrangement with Geoffrey Cumberlege, Oxford University Press. The poems have been chosen and the book designed by Francis Meynell."--Colophon.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 122
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 854 of 1100. Bound in cream quarter parchment with brown, cream, and gold paper covered boards. In matching paper-covered slipcase.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1954.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.