Historical tablets and medallions illustrative of an improved system of artificial memory for the more easy remembrance of remarkable events and date : exhibiting in a series of tinted engravings (including more than one hundred medallic portraits) a connected outline of historical and biographical chronology, the complete succession of all the Roman Emperors, and of the sovereigns of England and France, down to the present time : together with an appropriate introduction, appendix, and vocabulary / designed and arranged by John Henry Todd.
- Additional Title(s):
Tablets and medallions for the more easy remembrance of historical events & dates
Historical tablets and medallions, &c. &c.
- London ; George Cowie and Co. Poultry ; and Robbins and Wheeler, Winchester, 1828.
[Winchester] : George Cowie and Co. Poultry ; and Robbins and Wheeler, Winchester, 1828.
- Physical Description:
- , viii, , 43,  p.,  leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBF383 .T63 1828+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title, on publisher's printed label: Tablets and medallions for the more easy remembrance of historical events & dates.
Half-title: Historical tablets and medallions, &c. &c.
Engravings by James and Josiah Neele.
Printed by S. and R. Bentley, Dorset Street.
With an added engraved title page.
Includes bibliographical references.
Advertisement slip tipped in at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in red paper covered boards, with publisher's printed title label. Publisher's advertisement for John Clark's A series of practical instructions in landscape-painting in water-colours, on  p. at end, not included in pagination.
- Subject Terms:
- Clark, John Heaviside, approximately 1770-1863. Series of practical instructions in landscape painting in water colours.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1828.George Cowie and Co.l -- Publisher.Kings and rulers -- Portraits.Mnemonics.Robbins and Wheeler -- Publisher.S. and R. Bentley -- Printer.
- Publisher's advertisements.
- Introduction, explanatory of the System
- Supplement to the Introduction-An epitome of Dr. Watt's rules for the improvement of the memory
- The tablets, and the memorial lines, with appropriate explanations: Series I. General history and biography. Series 2. Roman emperors. Series 3. English sovereigns. Series 4. French kings
- Questions for examination in the several parts of the system
- Appendix, showing the method of applying the system to various other sciences, &c.
- Vocabulary of all the technical words.