An explanation of the works of the tunnel under the Thames from Rotherhithe to Wapping.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : W. Warrington, engraver and printer, 27, Strand, 1839.
- Physical Description:
- 23 p.,  leaves of plates (four folded) : ill., plans ; 11 x 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTA820.L3 E9 1839View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title on printed label: Thames Tunnel.
Attributed to Marc Isambard Brunel.
Engravings by Silvester & Co., W. Warrington, and T. Blood; after J. Pinchback and R. Beamish.
The text is substantially the same as that found in Introduction to a view of the works for the tunnel under the Thames, [London], 1835. The plates are either identical with or based on the plates found in that work.
One plate has an overslip.
Cohen, B. The Thames 1580-1980, p. 321
BAC: British Art Center copy in original stitched brown paper wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1839.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1839.Thames Tunnel (London, England)Thames Tunnel Company.Tunnels -- England -- London.Warrington, W. -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- 1839.
YCBA Collections Search
Brunel, Marc Isambard, Sir, 1769-1849, An explanation of the works of the tunnel under the Thames from Rotherhithe to Wapping, 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.