The history of Newmarket : and the annals of the turf : with memoirs and biographical notices of the habitués of Newmarket, and the notable turfites, from the earliest times to the end of the seventeenth century / by J.P. Hore ; in three volumes.
- London : A.H. Baily and Co., 15, Nicholas Lane, Cannon Street, E.C., 1886.
London ; and Beccles : Printed by William Clowes and Sons, LImited
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.N65 H67 1886Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printer's statement from foot of page 364.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 229
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original green cloth. With the bookseller's label of H.M. Gilbert, Southampton.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- History -- Stuarts, 1603-1714.Horse racing -- Great Britain.Newmarket (England) -- History.
- Wood engravings -- 1886.
Booksellers' labels (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.