IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Aikin, John, 1747-1822, Evenings at home, or, The juvenile budget opened , [1879?]
Evenings at home, or, The juvenile budget opened / by Dr. Aikin & Mrs. Barbauld ; corrected and revised by Cecil Hartley, M.A., author of "Principles of the sciences," etc.
- Additional Title(s):
Evenings at home
Juvenile budget opened
- London : George Routledge and Sons, The Broadway, Ludgate; New York: 416, Broome Street, [1879?]
- Physical Description:
- viii, 446,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4001.A5 E94 1879View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Illustrations are unsigned.
Probable date of publication from NUC.
Stories divided into thirty-one "evenings."
National union catalog, pre-1956 imprints, v. 5, p. 611
Publisher's advertisements,  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt- and blind-stamped red cloth, with gilt edges. Bookplate: The Penniman Memorial Library of Education of Yale University established by James Hosmer Penniman, Yale, 1884 in memory of his parents James Lanman Penniman. Yale 1853 Maria Davis Hosmer. Bookplate: Gift of Richard S. Kirby. Ms inscription on recto of second free preliminary end paper: Harry C. Kirby Rye Westcher Co. N.Y.
- Subject Terms:
- Children's stories.Conduct of life in literature.George Routledge and Sons -- Publisher.Kirby, Harry C. -- Autograph.Kirby, Richard S. -- Bookplate.Penniman Memorial Library of Education of Yale University -- Bookplate.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1879.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.