Lyell, Charles, Sir, 1797-1875, Travels in North America , 1845
- Travels in North America : with geological observations on the United States, Canada, and Nova Scotia / by Charles Lyell, Esq., author of the Principles of Geology ; in two volumes.
- London : John Murray, Albemarle Street, 1845.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., maps ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsE165 .L94 1845Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 1996 306:Bookplate of Edward M. Shepard.
Illustrations by George Scharf. Lithography by Hullmandel & Walton and Day & Haghe.
V. 1 printed by A. Spottiswoode, New-Street-Square. V. 2 printed by Bradbury and Evans, Whitefriars.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 616
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in blind-stamped green publisher's cloth by Remnant and Edmonds, with ticket in v. 1. Bookplate: Sir Robert Shafto Adair. 12 p. of bookseller's advertisements at end of vol. 2.
- Subject Terms:
- Adair, Robert Shafto, Sir -- Bookplate.Atlantic States -- Description and travel.Bradbury and Evans -- Printer.Canada -- Description and travel.Geology -- North America.Murray, John -- Publisher.Nova Scotia -- Description and travel.Remnant and Edmonds -- Binder.Shepard, Edward Morse, 1850-1911 -- Bookplate.Spottiswoode, A. -- Printer.United States -- Description and travel.
- Chromolithographs -- 1845.
Wood engravings -- 1845.
Lithographs -- 1845.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.