Historic towns: maps and plans of towns and cities in the British Isles, with historical commentaries, from earliest times to 1800. General editor: M. D. Lobel. [Topographical mapping editor: W. H. Johns]
- Oxford, Lovell Johns Ltd., 1969-1975.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : maps. (chiefly col.) 42 cm.
- Reference LibraryFolio F G 1Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Articles & Chapters
- A project of the International Commission for the History of Towns and the British Committee of Historic Towns.
Col. illus., map on lining papers.
Vol. 2 has subtitle: The atlas of historic towns.
Vol. 2 issued by Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, Md. in conjunction with the Historic Town Trust.
- Subject Terms:
- Cities and towns -- British Isles -- History.Cities and towns -- British Isles -- Maps.Cities and towns, Medieval -- British Isles.
- v.1. Banbury, Caernarvon, Glasgow, Gloucester, Hereford, Nottingham, Reading, Salisbury.--v.2. Bristol, Cambridge, Coventry, Norwich.