Historic towns: maps and plans of towns and cities in the British Isles, with historical commentaries, from earliest times to 1800. General editor: M. D. Lobel. [Topographical mapping editor: W. H. Johns]
- Oxford, Lovell Johns Ltd., 1969-1975.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : maps. (chiefly col.) 42 cm.
- Reference LibraryFolio F G 1Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Articles & Chapters
- A project of the International Commission for the History of Towns and the British Committee of Historic Towns.
Col. illus., map on lining papers.
Vol. 2 has subtitle: The atlas of historic towns.
Vol. 2 issued by Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, Md. in conjunction with the Historic Town Trust.
- Subject Terms:
- Cities and towns -- British Isles -- History.Cities and towns -- British Isles -- Maps.Cities and towns, Medieval -- British Isles.
- v.1. Banbury, Caernarvon, Glasgow, Gloucester, Hereford, Nottingham, Reading, Salisbury.--v.2. Bristol, Cambridge, Coventry, Norwich.