Loring, Rosamond B. (Rosamond Bowditch), 1889-1950, Decorated book papers , 1952
Decorated book papers : being an account of their designs and fashions / by Rosamond B. Loring.
- 2nd ed. / edited by Philip Hofer.
- Cambridge [Mass.] : Harvard University Press, 1952.
- Physical Description:
- xxxv, 171 p., 16 p. of plates : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ272 L67 1952 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BEIN Z272 .L67 1952 (LC): Dust jacket. Bookplate: Trevor Hickman. Accompanied by: Printing Historical Society, Newsletter 38, June 1977 (4 p.).
With essays on Mrs. Loring's life and work by W.M. Whitehill, Dard Hunter, and Veronica Ruzicka.
"Some early makers of decorated papers": p. -145.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -157) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Book ornamentation.Bookbinding -- Materials.Decorative paper.Endpapers.Hickman, Trevor -- Bookplate.Loring, Rosamond B. (Rosamond Bowditch), 1889-1950.Marbled papers.Marbling (Bookbinding)Paste papers.