Picturesque views on the upper, or Warwickshire Avon : from its sources at Naseby to its junction with the Severn at Tewkesbury : with observations on the public buildings, and other works of art in its vicinity / by Samuel Ireland.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Published by R. Faulder and T. Egerton, 1795.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 284,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., map ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.W3 I74 1795+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- MUDD Edea Av75 795: Bookplate of Benjafield, Bury St. Edmunds.
Engraved half-title: Warwickshire Avon.
Aquatint half-title page engraved by Cornelis Apostool; after Edward Francis Burney. Colored etchings by Samuel Ireland. Rest of plates are colored aquatints with imprint: Published for Saml. Ireland Feby. 1. 1795.
Also includes small wood-engraved illustrations within the text, unsigned.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 427
ESTC (RLIN), T79992
Errata: p. 
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in half calf with marbled boards. Large paper copy: 36 cm. Contains half-title page and errata. Bookplate: J. Lane.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England -- Northamptonshire -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- England -- Warwickshire -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- England -- Worcestershire -- Early works to 1800.Avon, River (Leicestershire-Gloucestershire, England) -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Benjafield -- Bookplate.Egerton, T. -- Publisher.England -- Antiquities -- Early works to 1800.England -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Faulder, R. -- Publisher.Lane, J. -- Bookplate.Rivers -- England -- Early works to 1800 -- Early works to 1800.Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Homes and haunts -- Early works to 1800.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1795.
Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1795.
Wood engravings -- 1795.
- Plates: Avon Head, Naseby, Northamptonshire
- Welford, Northamptonshire
- Dow Bridge, anciently Tripontium
- Newbold on Avon --Coombe Abbey
- Stonely Abbey, Warwickshire --Ruins at Kenelworth [sic]
- Guy's Cliff, Warwickshire --Warwick Town, Castle &c.
- Entrance to Warwick Castle
- Warwick Castle
- Charlecot House
- St. Thos. Luck, Knt./ Taken from his Monument in Stratford Church
- Stratford Bridge, &c.
- Kitchen of the House in which Shakspere was born
- Shakspere's House, New Place, Chapel, & Grammar School
- Clopton House
- House at Shotery, in which Ann Hathaway the wife of Shakspere, resided
- Stratford Church, &c.
- Shakspeare's Monument
- Portrait of John Coombe
- Stratford Jubilee
- Bitford Grance
- Bitford, Warwickshire --Evesham Bridge, &c.
- Evesham Abbey
- Evesham Abbey Gate --Pershore, Worcestershire
- Eckington Bridge, Worcestershire
- Strensham, Worcestershire
- Myth Bridge, Tewkesbury.