Wentworth, Trelawney, The West India sketch book , 1834
- The West India sketch book : in two volumes.
- London : Printed for Whittaker & Co., Ave Maria Lane, 1834.
London : Gilbert and Rivington, printers, St. John's Square
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations, maps ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF2001 .W46 1834Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Authorship attributed to Trelawney Wentworth in volume 2, page 385, and also by Halkett & Laing and Sabin.
Lithographs printed by Day & Haghe.
Printer's statement from title page verso.
Halkett, S. Dictionary of anonymous and pseudonymous publications in the English language (3rd ed.), volume 6, page 218.
BEIN 2000 1219: bookplate: Commander H. Rogers, R.N.; printed waste used in binding; some plates hand-colored.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original green cloth. Armorial bookplate: Sir Joseph Radcliffe Bart., Rudding Park.
- Subject Terms:
- Antilles, Lesser -- Description and travel.Radcliffe, Joseph, Sir -- Bookplate.Rogers, H., Commander -- Bookplate.Voyages and travels.West Indies -- Description and travel.West Indies -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- Printed waste (Binding)
Lithographs -- 1834.
Aquatints -- 1834.
Etchings -- 1834.
Wood engravings -- 1834.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.