IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Wentworth, Trelawney, The West India sketch book , 1834
The West India sketch book : in two volumes.
- London : Printed for Whittaker & Co., Ave Maria Lane, 1834.
London : Gilbert and Rivington, printers, St. John's Square
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations, maps ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF2001 .W46 1834Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Authorship attributed to Trelawney Wentworth in volume 2, page 385, and also by Halkett & Laing and Sabin.
Lithographs printed by Day & Haghe.
Printer's statement from title page verso.
Halkett, S. Dictionary of anonymous and pseudonymous publications in the English language (3rd ed.), volume 6, page 218.
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 102634.
BEIN 2000 1219: bookplate: Commander H. Rogers, R.N.; printed waste used in binding; some plates hand-colored.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original green cloth. Armorial bookplate: Sir Joseph Radcliffe Bart., Rudding Park.
- Subject Terms:
- Antilles, Lesser -- Description and travel.Radcliffe, Joseph, Sir -- Bookplate.Rogers, H., Commander -- Bookplate.Voyages and travels.West Indies -- Description and travel.West Indies -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- Printed waste (Binding)
Lithographs -- 1834.
Aquatints -- 1834.
Etchings -- 1834.
Wood engravings -- 1834.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.