Horses and Americans, by Phil Stong; with a frontispiece in color and one hundred and three illustrations from old prints and photographs. End paper and chapter heads by Kurt Wiese.
- New York : Frederick A. Stokes Co., 1939.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 333 p. mounted col. front., illus., plates, port. 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2137Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrated lining papers.
"Author's autograph edition ... printed on all rag paper and ... limited to five hundred copies ... of which this is copy number ... " Signed: Phil Stong.
Bibliography: p. 317-328.
BAC: British Art Center copy: First edition. Quarto. Beige cloth; black lettering on front cover and spine, black label with gold and white lettering on front cover, gilt on spine, top edge yellow, untrimmed. Color frontispiece, 103 illustrations from old prints and photos. Text illustrations by Kurt Wiese. Spine height: 10 1/2 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Horses.United States -- History.United States -- Social life and customs.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.