Stong, Phil, 1899-1957, Horses and Americans,, 1939
- Horses and Americans, by Phil Stong; with a frontispiece in color and one hundred and three illustrations from old prints and photographs. End paper and chapter heads by Kurt Wiese.
- New York : Frederick A. Stokes Co., 1939.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 333 p. mounted col. front., illus., plates, port. 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2137Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrated lining papers.
"Author's autograph edition ... printed on all rag paper and ... limited to five hundred copies ... of which this is copy number ... " Signed: Phil Stong.
Bibliography: p. 317-328.
committed to retain 20170930 20421231 HathiTrust To help ensure preservation of print and digital collections, this title is retained by Yale University Library on behalf of the HathiTrust Shared Print Program.
BAC: British Art Center copy: First edition. Quarto. Beige cloth; black lettering on front cover and spine, black label with gold and white lettering on front cover, gilt on spine, top edge yellow, untrimmed. Color frontispiece, 103 illustrations from old prints and photos. Text illustrations by Kurt Wiese. Spine height: 10 1/2 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Horses.United States -- History.United States -- Social life and customs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.