Lives of the engineers, with an account of their principal works: comprising also a history of inland communication in Britain. By Samuel Smiles ...
- London, J. Murray, 1861-62.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. fronts., illus. (incl. maps, plans) plates, ports. 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryTA139 S65 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Subject Terms:
- Engineers -- Biography.Roads -- Great Britain.
- I. Early works of embanking and draining. Life of Sir Hugh Myddelton. Early roads and modes of travelling. Bridges, harbors, and ferries. Life of James Brindley.--II. Life of John Smeaton. Life of John Rennie. Life of Thomas Telford.--III. George and Robert Stephenson.