An English village. A new ed. of Wild life in a southern county, by Richard Jefferies, with twenty-five pictures of nature and rural life, made in Wiltshire, by Clifton Johnson and an introduction by Hamilton W. Mabie.
- Boston, Little, Brown, &co., 1903.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 344 p. front., 24 pl. 21 cm.
- Reference LibraryQH81 .J43 1903 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Portrait of author on t.-p.
Preface signed: Clifton Johnson.
"'Wild life in a southern county' is autobiographic; it is a wonderfully minute and graphic picture of the country in which Jeffries was born..." - Introd., p. xvii.
- Subject Terms:
- Natural history -- Outdoor books.Wiltshire (England) -- Description and travel.
YCBA Collections Search
Jefferies, Richard, 1848-1887, An English village, 1903