An English village. A new ed. of Wild life in a southern county, by Richard Jefferies, with twenty-five pictures of nature and rural life, made in Wiltshire, by Clifton Johnson and an introduction by Hamilton W. Mabie.
- Boston, Little, Brown, &co., 1903.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 344 p. front., 24 pl. 21 cm.
- Reference LibraryQH81 .J43 1903 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Portrait of author on t.-p.
Preface signed: Clifton Johnson.
"'Wild life in a southern county' is autobiographic; it is a wonderfully minute and graphic picture of the country in which Jeffries was born..." - Introd., p. xvii.
committed to retain 20170930 20421231 HathiTrust To help ensure preservation of print and digital collections, this title is retained by Yale University Library on behalf of the HathiTrust Shared Print Program.
- Subject Terms:
- Natural history -- Outdoor books.Wiltshire (England) -- Description and travel.
YCBA Collections Search
Jefferies, Richard, 1848-1887, An English village, 1903