The Ingoldsby legends, or, Mirth and marvels / by Thomas Ingoldsby, esquire ; with sixty illustrations by George Cruikshank, John Leech, and John Tenniel.
- Additional Title(s):
Mirth and marvels
- London : R. Bentley, 1865.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 511 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4058 .I54 1865Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by R. Clay, Son, and Taylor, London.
Title page printed in black and red.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 51
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-tooled green morocco, with gilt edges.
MUDD: Binding signed: JL [i.e. John Leighton]. Bound by Edmonds & Remnants, London.
- Subject Terms:
- Bentley, R. -- Publisher.Bookbinding -- Victorian bindings.R. Clay, Son, and Taylor -- Printer.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.
- Wood engravings -- 1865.
YCBA Collections Search
Ingoldsby, Thomas, 1788-1845, The Ingoldsby legends, or, Mirth and marvels , 1865
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.