The poets of the nineteenth century / selected and edited by the Rev. Robert Aris Willmott, incumbent of Bearwood ; illustrated with one hundred engravings, drawn by eminent artists, and engraved by the brothers Dalziel
- London : George Routledge & Co., Farringdon Street ; 1857.
New York : 18, Beekman Street, 1857.
- Physical Description:
- xv, , 398,  p. ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1221 .W55 1857Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Alicia Faxon in memory of Richard B. Faxon, Yale BA 1949Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With a preliminary half-title leaf.
Illustrations by Benjamin Franklin Foster, W.W. Harvey, Sir John Gilbert, Arthur Hughes, Harrison Weir, Thomas Bolton Gilchrist Septimus Dalziel, Sir John Tenniel, Edward Duncan, John R. Clayton, James Godwin, James Duffield Harding, G. Dodgson, Ford Maddox Brown, Sir John Everett Millais, William Leighton Leitch, John Henry Hill, Felix Octavius Carr Darley, John William Casilear, Frederick Richard Pickersgill, Edward Henry Corbould, Daniel Maclise, William Mulready, Clarkson Stanfield, Edward Goodall, D. Edwards, and Augustus Hoppin.
"London: Printed by Richard Clay, Bread Street Hill."--Verso of half-title.
BAC: Bound in blind-stamped maroon morocco-style binding. Marbled end-papers. Gauffred edges.
- Subject Terms:
- American poetry -- 19th century.Clay, Richard -- PrinterEnglish poetry -- 19th century.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1857.George Routledge & Co. -- PublisherGreat Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- Gift books
YCBA Collections Search
Willmott, Robert Aris, 1809-1863, The poets of the nineteenth century , 1857
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.