Rural costume: its origin and development in Western Europe and the British Isles, by Alma Oakes and Margot Hamilton Hill.
- London, Batsford; 1970.
New York, Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1970.
- Physical Description:
- 3-248 pages illustrations 26 cm
- Reference LibraryGT1850 O35 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 232-239).
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Europe -- History.Clothing and dress -- Europe.Clothing and dress.Costume -- Europe -- Histoire.Europe.GeschichteRural conditions -- Europe.TrachtVêtements -- Europe.
- Historical survey of the development of rural dress
- Cloak, mantle, cape, huik and whittle
- The corset-bodice
- Tunic, frock and smock-frock
- Some additional items of apparel
- Rural costume in Great Britain and Ireland
- Dyes used by rural people.