Vincent, Leon H. (Leon Henry), 1859-1941, Dandies and men of letters , 1914
Dandies and men of letters / by Leon H. Vincent.
- London : Duckworth, 1914.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 313 p. : ill., port. ; 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryCT782 .V55 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Subject Terms:
- Authors, English.Dandies.
- The celebrated Mr. Brummell.--Count Alfred D'Orsay.--Episodes in the life of a nobel poet (Lord Byron)--A giver of breakfasts (Samuel Rogers)--A regency satirist (Thomas Moore)--Thomas Hope and his ʻAnastasius.'--Fonthill, ʻVathek,' and Beckford.--Thomas Love Peacock.--A virtuoso of the old school (Charles Kirkpatrick Sharpe)--ʻVivian Grey' and its author.--ʻThe adventures of a gentleman' (Bulwer-Lytton)--A successful bachelor (Henry Crabb Robinson)