Linton, W. J. (William James), 1812-1897, The history of wood-engraving in America , 1882
The history of wood-engraving in America / by W.J. Linton.
- Boston : Estes and Lauriat, 1882.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 71 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 32 cm.
- Reference LibraryNE1103 .L76 1882B (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BEIN 2005 +236: No. 979. Autograph of the author. Without blank leaves at end.
BEIN 2005 +237: No. 335. Autograph of the author. Inscribed from the author to Margaret Wade Linton: To Maggie, W.J.L. With blank leaves at end.
"Edition limited to 1000 numbered and 26 lettered copies. Each copy signed. No. [blank]"--T.p. verso.
Some copies have  blank leaves at end with t.p.: Blanks for mounting proofs illustrative of The history of wood engraving in America.
- Subject Terms:
- Linton, Margaret Wade -- Presentation inscription from W.J. Linton.Linton, W. J. (William James), 1812-1897 -- Autograph.Linton, W. J. (William James), 1812-1897 -- Presentation inscription to M.W. Linton.Wood-engraving -- United States -- History.