Linton, W. J. (William James), 1812-1897, The history of wood-engraving in America , 1882
The history of wood-engraving in America / by W.J. Linton.
- Boston : Estes and Lauriat, 1882.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 71 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 32 cm.
- Reference LibraryNE1103 .L76 1882B (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- BEIN 2005 +236: No. 979. Autograph of the author. Without blank leaves at end.
BEIN 2005 +237: No. 335. Autograph of the author. Inscribed from the author to Margaret Wade Linton: To Maggie, W.J.L. With blank leaves at end.
"Edition limited to 1000 numbered and 26 lettered copies. Each copy signed. No. [blank]"--T.p. verso.
Some copies have  blank leaves at end with t.p.: Blanks for mounting proofs illustrative of The history of wood engraving in America.
- Subject Terms:
- Linton, Margaret Wade -- Presentation inscription from W.J. Linton.Linton, W. J. (William James), 1812-1897 -- Autograph.Linton, W. J. (William James), 1812-1897 -- Presentation inscription to M.W. Linton.Wood-engraving -- United States -- History.