Reale Accademia Ercolanese di Archeologia, The antiquities of Herculaneum , MDCCLXXIII 
- The antiquities of Herculaneum / translated from the Italian; by Thomas Martyn and John Lettice ... ; containing pictures.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Antichita di Ercolano esposte. English
- London : Printed for S. Leacroft, at the Globe, Charing-Cross, MDCCLXXIII 
- Physical Description:
- xi, , lxxiii, , 236,  p.,  leaves of plates (2 folded) : ill., map ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN5775 .A2313 1773+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary full calf, rebacked. Bookplates of Walter Flinn and John Pope. Inscribed: John Pope's 1776.
SML,Y J567 +757Ag: Autograph on title-page: Charles Nettleton. 117 Broadway, N.Y. City.
A translation of vol.I of 'Le antichita di Ercolano esposte' edited by Ottavio Antonio Bayardi, published by the Reale Accademia Ercolanese di archeologia (Naples) in 1757.
Engravings by Alexander Bannerman, Charles Grignion, Peter Spendelowe Lamborn, Isaac Taylor, and Tobias Müller.
No more published.
Signatures: a-k⁴ ℓ B-Hh⁴
Leaf Dd⁴, between pages  and  blank.
ESTC (RLIN), N16613.
Includes a nine page list of subscribers.
With a final errata leaf.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Greco-Roman -- Early works to 1800.Flinn, Walter -- Bookplate.Herculaneum (Extinct city) -- Early works to 1800.Leacroft, S. -- Publisher.Nettleton, Charles -- Autograph.Pope, John -- Autograph, 1776.Pope, John -- Bookplate.
- Engravings -- 1773.
Etchings -- 1773.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.