Cummings, A. I. (Ariel Ivers), 1823-1863, The factory girl, or, Gardez la coeur , 1847
The factory girl, or, Gardez la coeur / by A.I. Cummings, M.D.
- Additional Title(s):
Gardez la coeur
- Lowell : J.E. Short & Co., 1847.
Lowell : Pillsbury and Knapp, printers, 24 Central Street
- Physical Description:
- viii, , 10-167,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPS1474.C483 F33 1847Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1846, by J.E. Short, & Co in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the District of Massachusetts."
Printer's statement from title page verso.
Last page blank.
SML,Y Iw C912 847: "Abner Forbes printer ... Boston." Plates vary from those in the edition printed by Pillsbury and Knapp, Lowell, Mass.
SML,Y Iw C912 847b: "Pillsbury and Knapp, printers ... Lowell." Plates vary from those in the edition printed by Abner Forbes, Boston.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gilt- and blind-tooled tan cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Textile workers -- Fiction.Textile works -- Fiction.Working class -- Fiction.Working class women -- Fiction.
- Wood engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1847.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.