Destruction of Troy : being the sequel of the Iliad / translated from the Greek of Tryphiodorus. With Notes. By J. Merrick Scholar of Trinity Co.. Oxford.
- Oxford : Printed at the Theatre, 
- Physical Description:
- , lxxxviii, 151 p. 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPA4489 .T513 1739Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Date of publication from imprimatur on title page verso: "Imprimatur, Theoph. Leigh, Vice-Can. Oxon. Oct. 26. 1739".
Title page vignette is an engraving of the Sheldonian Theatre.
English short title catalogue, T102771
Foxon, D.F. English verse, 1701-1750, M193
Subscriber's list, p. -.
BEIR Gft86 cg789: Bookplate of Thomas Day Seymour. No. 1 of 2 titles bound together.
BAC: British Art Center copy has bound with it: Tryphiodōrou Iliou halōsis = Tryphiodori Ilii excidium ... Oxford, .
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1739.Poetry, Greek -- Single authors.Seymour, Thomas D. (Thomas Day), 1848-1907 -- Bookplate.Trojan War -- Poetry.Troy (Extinct city) -- Legends.
- Subscriber's lists.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.